Monday, March 3, 2014

A Guide to Northeastern Gardening 100th Post And Three Year Anniversary The Journey

~Guide To Northeastern Gardening 100th Post~
 
  Welcome to A Guide to Northeastern Gardenings 100th post!  Well it certainly has been a  journey.  When I first started blogging exactly three years ago today I never knew how long I would be pursuing it and couldnt even imagine reaching a 100th post.    Garden blogging has become an important part of who I am...sort of a life diary.  I get to share my experiences with other gardeners who share the same passion so I thank you all for visiting, commenting and sharing your knowledge, experiences and passion of gardening with me.

I have had a passion for gardening ever since I was at the age of five when I planted marigolds in pretty planters along the back of the old brick fireplace and gathered daisies for my mom...her favorite flower.  I still reside today in the home I grew up in on the south shore of Long Island with my husband and plan to never leave.  The property has evolved over the years into our own little sanctuary and hopefully we will be able to age gracefully there.   

~Through the Years 1995 to Present~
 So where does the blogging come in?  We decided to do something with our barren property in 1996 and put in an in ground pool.  At the time I was just starting a landscape design business and with the pool project everything just started falling into place.  I knew this was meant to be.   As the years have passed I have added and added gardens everywhere on the property and of course...it is never finished because a garden constantly changes and well...isnt that half the joy of it?  Its funny how life works. One thing led to another and after having a conversation about the infamous blogging movie Julie and Julia I decided to pursue the world of blogging and started up A Guide to Northeastern Gardening.  

Now writing for three years I strive to make my posts informative and interesting.  I enjoy visiting other gardening blogs and leaving a comment or little note so the owner knows Ive been there.  I just wish there was more time in a day so that I could visit everyone!  I am working on the photography end of things which has become a second passion that came out of this blog.  I am looking forward to where this blogging journey will continue to take me.  I thank each and every one of you for making this such a pleasurable experience and appreciate your dropping by once in a while and taking the time to leave a comment which I so enjoy reading.

So there you have it, three years and 100 posts. Thanks for helping me celebrate and the best to all of you.


As Always...Happy Gardening!


Author: Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening, Copyright 2013. All rights reserved


0 comments:

Post a Comment